There are many cosmetic procedures you can have to improve your smile, but teeth whitening is one of the quickest, safest, and most cost effective ways to improve your smile, provided your teeth are suitable for the procedure. We use the Philips ZOOM! teeth whitening system in our surgery.
Take advantage of our Autumn special price of only £295!
Click to view teeth whitening procedure: Philips ZOOM! At Home Teeth Whitening
Philips ZOOM! Home Tray Whitening
We are offering this procedure using this top premium brand, Philips Zoom!
This procedure involves 2 short appointments
- First appointment (15 minutes) with a dental professional to assess your suitability for teeth whitening. If your teeth and gums are healthy, i.e. no cavities or gum disease, we will take impressions of your teeth, which then go to our dental lab where custom-made whitening trays will be made.
- Second appointment (15 minutes) is scheduled a week later where we will fit your trays and give you instruction on how to whiten your teeth at home with Philips ZOOM!
Advantages of ‘Home Tray Whitening’
- Longest lasting results
- Gentlest method minimising sensitivity
- Reusable trays
- Home tray whitening provides the best and longest lasting results, because the repeated whitening sessions penetrate to the deepest levels of your teeth and remove deep staining.
- Importantly home tray whitening is the gentlest way to whiten your teeth; you are in control over how many bleaching sessions you undertake to achieve the shade you want. As with any product containing bleach there is the possibility that your teeth and gums may become sensitive. If you notice that your teeth or gums are feeling a bit sensitive after a few sessions, simply skip a day or two and then continue.
- An advantage of Home Tray whitening is that you can reuse your bleaching trays. If you’d like to repeat the procedure in 12-18 months, you can buy replacement gel syringes from us, so keep your custom-made whitening trays safe!
Our Six ‘Top Tips’
Follow these steps for best results when whitening your teeth
- Visit the hygienist first! This will remove any hard stains or surface plaque on the teeth ensuring a nice smooth surface on your teeth for the bleaching gel to work. Now you can start your home whitening.
- Dry your teeth before putting in the whitening trays (also called bleaching trays). Saliva has peroxidase enzymes which inhibit the action of the bleach.
- Load trays correctly. Check that the gel corresponds to the front of the teeth. Only your dentist will notice if you have whitened the rear surface of your teeth!
- Always have custom made whitening trays fitted by a dental professional. If you have not whitened them for a while recap the technique with your dentist on your next check-up.
- Avoid food and drink that is highly coloured in between bleaching sessions, such as curry, red wine, coffee….
- Be patient. In most cases it can take up to ten days to two weeks to get the desired shade for your teeth. Give yourself a few rest days if your teeth are becoming a bit sensitive. Note: control any tooth sensitivity you may have by wearing the trays loaded with toothpaste for a few hours!
Sometimes our dentist recommends Tooth Contouring in conjunction with Teeth Whitening. For more information click Tooth Contouring
Call us on 01202 443882 for further information or to book an appointment.